Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rising young faculty
(01-18-2018, 01:33 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 01:01 PM)Guest Wrote: Who else in spine?

Spine: yawn.

Spine surgery is a 30 billion dollar US industry. Unlike brain surgery, where you can suck out all kinds of non eloquent brain, every part of the spinal cord and nerve roots are essential. The amount of new technology and investment in spine surgery dwarfs brain surgery by a long shot not to mention the volume of patients flooding your practice. Yawn my ass.
Spine surgery should become its own residency with a minimum step 1 cutoff of 265. Let's make spine great again!!!
(01-18-2018, 09:10 PM)Guest Wrote:

Spine surgery is a 30 billion dollar US industry. Unlike brain surgery, where you can suck out all kinds of non eloquent brain, every part of the spinal cord and nerve roots are essential. The amount of new technology and investment in spine surgery dwarfs brain surgery by a long shot not to mention the volume of patients flooding your practice. Yawn my ass.

If you only wanna do spine save yourself the trouble and do ortho. I have no idea why you'd sign up to take call Q2 and suck out subdurals for 7 years if you're never gonna operate above C2 ever again.
(01-18-2018, 10:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 09:10 PM)Guest Wrote:

If you only wanna do spine save yourself the trouble and do ortho. I have no idea why you'd sign up to take call Q2 and suck out subdurals for 7 years if you're never gonna operate above C2 ever again.

Gotta put a shunt in every once in a while to remind yourself what a ventricle is
Alex Coon

Laura Snyder at Barrow
Rising names in spine : Dhall, sciubba, Kanter, okonkwo
moisi
who is that?
he's over at Wayne, but I met him when he was a fellow at Swedish Neurological in Seattle. big advocate for student teaching and dual board certified for complex MIS. publishes pretty well too.
http://neurosurgery.med.wayne.edu/profile/gn7885

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)