Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiers 2023
Can we get an updated Tiers list? What’s the thought these days on Tier 1, 2, 3?
Tier 1 UCSF
Tier 2 Everyone else
The best/worst program is the program you graduate from
I interviewed in the 2021-2022 season, interviewed extremely broadly, and based on my perception of coapplicant competitiveness, seemed like

S tier: UCSF, Penn, MGH, BNI
A tier (starting South, going counterclockwise in no particular order): Miami, Emory, Duke, Vandy, Hopkins, Pitt, NYU, Columbia, BWH, Michigan, Mayo, WashU, Baylor, Northwestern, UW, UCLA, USC, Stanford, UCSD

B/C/D tier: too many to list, not worth writing home about

- person who away’ed at an S tier place and matched at an A tier place
Why is Mayo not S tire? i was under the impression that Mayo Rochester is a top place, with cadaver labs, ample research, solid support, etc?
What is "S" tier? Can't tell if good or bad based on programs you listed which seemingly have no relation ...
Penn and MGH certainly top tier for research and connections but no one would put them head to head with BNI or UCSF.
The only criteria I am using to stratify is competitiveness of applicants and people that ultimately matched there. I agree that there are different programs for different people, and I’m not making those judgments.

(For example, I did not rank MGH highly because I actually want to learn to operate. But clearly the people that matched there and the residents they have are very impressive people.)
I would never consider Penn or MGH anywhere near the caliber of BNI, UCSF, Mayo
1. Yale

2. Your program

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)