Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will acceptance become EASIER in the upcoming years??
So here's the thing:

Many gen Z and millennials want a good lifestyle. They don't want to work surgeon hours. So many top applicants are not even applying to surgery. 

Also, the number of spots is increasing, because of the larger population growth. 

As a result, acceptance into neurosurgery will become easier.
Just a first-year medical student but I HIGHLY doubt that
They're also all about getting that bread as they say so no.
no. read more.
Neurosurgery is self selecting. People are destined to go into the field and won't stray off track. It's something you are either born with or not. There are doctors and then there are neurosurgeons, gods among men.
^ cringe
^^ sounds like a Michigan resident
The mention about destiny is very true. I have observed that some people always happen to be in "the right place at the right time" while others are always in the "wrong place at the wrong time." I do feel that providence favors the good, and punishes the wicked.
Or maybe the good just have less DUI convictions and sex scandals to hide.
if anything it’s getting progressively more difficult
applicants have higher boards (now step 2 is the main player), more pubs, more significant life experiences, stronger knowledge base, etc.

The applicant of 10-15 years ago is no match (pun intended) compared to todays modern applicant, the bar keeps moving higher and higher. I would say many of your current attendings wouldn’t have matched in the current climate

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)