Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does medical training crush the sprit???
I was reading the twitter feed of the guy who wrote a book called "Surviving neurosurgery." but who then dropped out after 1 year in residency. 

He works as a consultant now. 

Anyways, he re-tweeted this tweet: "Medical training takes some of the most compassionate, idealistic young people in our society and systemically crushes their spirit. It’s easy to take advantage of people who are passionate about their work, who see it as more of a calling than a job."

Is that reaily the case? Does medical training really destroy you? Or was it just written by a bitter person?
Crushes it a little but that guy was a total ass clown. Ask the UTSW people and he was borderline if not outright violating HIPAA and was downright unteachable. Already thought he knew everything. Doesn’t matter how talented you are if you have that attitude. If looking for how it crushes the spirit then look to people who match with big research backgrounds and then ultimately go PP because they are sick and tired of the bureaucracy.
^ lol shots fired
Yes, medical training can be rough but with the right training and support system it can be manageable. Also, don't believe everything on here. I know multiple people who worked with him extensively and have only heard great things, hence why it was such a scandal when he left. I'm sure nobody has the full story

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)