Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma?
Anyone that can give insight into the Oklahoma program? Considering applying to sub-I there. Have heard that it is really great but some thread commented that it is likely in the bottom 10 residency programs. I don't necessarily care about prestige, I just want to get quality training -- be taking part in key portions of surgeries, minimize unnecessary scut, etc.
Turning around, definitely not bottom 10. good volume, and autonomy. Dunn(Chair) and Jea (PD) are well-connected and write good letters. Few ever rotate there, so you would stand out in that regard.
Agreed. I interviewed there and it definitely seemed like an up and coming program. They seem incredibly busy operatively with a ton of faculty that trained at big name places like the Barrow, Mayo Clinic, or UCSF. The residents there seem like a good group and they talked a lot about how they have a decent amount of operative autonomy. I think if you did a sub-I there they’d definitely consider you highly.
I interviewed there years ago (matched somewhere else) and two attendings asked me if I believed in god during the interview, and insinuated that that would affect my rank there.
^ Trick question. The neurosurgery attendings believe that they themselves are God and they wanted to see if you believe that too.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)