Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEUROSURGERY PRE-RESIDENCY PROGRAM OPENINGS
Hi,

Lahey Neurosurgery still is accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Pre-Residency Fellowship program.

Lahey Pre-residency Fellowship

The Lahey pre-residency fellowship has a long history of successfully matching applicants into neurosurgery residency programs. At Lahey, pre-residency fellows are integral members of the neurosurgical and neurocritical care teams. In this year-long program, pre-residency fellows will be trained to function as junior neurosurgery residents, including performing bedside neurosurgical procedures. Duties include managing floor and ICU patients, seeing consults, home-call during the night, and assisting in the operating room and outpatient clinic.

The pre-residency fellows at Lahey work alongside six neurosurgeons, neuro intensive care neurologists, and neurosurgery advanced practitioners. Fellows will participate in weekly neurosurgical conferences at Lahey, which include morbidity and mortality conference, spine conference, tumor board and pathology review. The Lahey pre-residency fellowship is also affiliated with Tufts University, and fellows can join the Tufts Department of Neurosurgery for didactic sessions on Thursdays.

The Lahey Department of Neurosurgery has multiple ongoing clinical research studies and robust research infrastructure. Pre-residency fellows will have opportunities to engage in these research endeavors, and in the past, such efforts have resulted in podium presentations and first author manuscripts early in the clinical year.

Accepted candidates must commit to the full year. The salary, benefits, days off, and vacation time with be commensurate with other PGY1 accredited neurosurgical program.

How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Julie Witham (Julie.m.witham@lahey.org) Neurosurgery Pre-Residency Fellowship Coordinator. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and employment offers are typically made after the residency match.
Details about alumni? a lot of these are exploitation.
Yes, this happens every few months or so. These spots are absolutely exploitative, and brutally take advantage of less competitive applicants by offering a vague promise of possibly matching some years down the line, and the poor fools who falls for it waste money and time slaving away at these jobs doing scut. Avoid these jobs like the plague. They are awful and unethical.
What other options do these less competitive applicants have? Its either this or SOAP into rural RM
Do a prelim year somewhere, which actually counts towards residency completion, and then reapply, with a backup specialty at the same time. That way the year actually contributes to their residency time, as opposed to these horseshit pre-residency fellowships, which I would argue are no more likely to get u into neurosurgery than a typical prelim year.
Quote:The Lahey Department of Neurosurgery has multiple ongoing clinical research studies and robust research infrastructure.

By any chance, are these research opportunities available to medical students? 

Thank you
Joey's back
Joey, how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man
I willl search and search until I find a lab. I have lost so much in the past, but this is the chage to my new life
What happened to working under the guy who posted the thread asking for input on his research project Joey? He said he was a hustler like you

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)