Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to obtain research
Hi everyone.

I've reached out to many prominent NS researchers asking for projects for MS1's, but most have blown me off. One promised me an online project, but after I asked if in-person work was possible they did not respond.

I have plenty of undergrad research experience and am willing to work remotely to gain NS experience.

Does anyone have any tips on how to secure summer research experience? Should I start going in person to hospitals and asking to meet with faculty to join labs? 

Please, any advice will help.
At this point you've pissed off the whole community being weird. Just keep it moving somewhere else off this form. Doubtful you'll ever make it anywhere.
Did it ever occur to you that some of the people you have reached out to may be reading this forum and have figured out who you are and are now intentionally blacklisting you from neurosurgery for your crazy and often bigoted comments?
You should totally go in person to hospitals. Suit up, get that CV polished, go to the EDs, ask that they consult neurosurgery for you, and boom, face time with the residents. Ask the residents that they take you to their leader. Once you are on the inside, refuse to leave. Hunker down in the first lab you see and start the hustle. It'll totally work
Al-Mefty is looking for summer research students....shoot him an email, if no response continually follow up for a few months
Can y'all imagine this psychopath just showing up to hospitals?

Joey, do us all a favor and get off this forum. No one is going to give you a project? People aren't responding to you because you are weird, awkward, and annoying.
What a-holes you all are

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)