Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spine Courses
To all the residents-

Any spine courses (MIS, deformity) that you've gone to that were particularly worthwhile / educational for mid-tier residents? I'm a PGY-3 currently.  

Thanks,
The NREF spine course for senior residents is excellent, but I think it's only open to PGY-5 and above. The Seattle Science Foundation courses are very good as well, fortunately they record and put them on YouTube for free. They are worth attending in person if you can, though, because the hands on portions are really, really good. A lot of big names in spine are usually there so it's a good place to make connections.
Hello, I too am a resident and am very interested in taking courses on the spine. I have taken several courses on this topic and can share my experience. For intermediate level residents, I would recommend courses that cover the basic principles and techniques of minimally invasive spine surgery (MIS). Such courses will help you improve your surgical skills and reduce patient trauma. In addition, courses on spinal deformities such as scoliosis and kyphosis can also be very helpful. I attended an MIS course where I learned how to work with the technological tools and different surgical techniques. This helped me reduce the time of the surgery and make it safer for the patient. The spinal deformity courses I attended helped me learn about different types of deformities and treatment techniques. I encourage you to contact a preceptor or senior residents in your training program to find out which courses would be most helpful for your level of training. And remember, continuing education is a necessity for any physician who strives to be the best in his or her field.
Good luck on your learning journey!
Regards Olivia Simpson.
Hi Olivia. Can you recommend any particular MIS and deformity courses? I tried the Cleveland clinic one. Great discussion, low input about MIS, no X-ray for training with cadavers and poor conservation of the specimens. Tyvm
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nyc-miss-20...4234574107

https://nyc-miss.org/

Best course in spine MIS in the country! NYC MISS 2023 at Weill Cornell Medicine in the Upper East Side Manhattan, NYC

Come one and come all! Fantastic opportunity to learn from the masters themselves!

December 15-16, 2023

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)