Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For credit
What year do you guys take the boards for credit?  We have to hit a threshold to even be eligible.  I'd heard at UVA all the PGY-2s take it for credit and pass, how is this even possible?
(12-27-2016, 05:15 PM)guest Wrote: What year do you guys take the boards for credit?  We have to hit a threshold to even be eligible.  I'd heard at UVA all the PGY-2s take it for credit and pass, how is this even possible?

Its memorization I definitely believe a pgy could do it. I have heard of other programs with early research time or low operative volume crushing the boards early on.
How do you guys prepare for it? Does your program have anything specific it does?
(12-28-2016, 12:27 PM)Guest Wrote: How do you guys prepare for it?  Does your program have anything specific it does?

Just do your best buddy.  You'll be fine!
Typically PGY 4 at my program for credit. Not difficult to pass, more challenging to do well
Anyone know how long till scores come back?
Scores don't come out until mid-May.
Anyway to check out scores online?
Not sure if this was asked on a separate thread, but what are the books people who have done well in the boards recommend to study from?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)