Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More than 4 total SubIs
What are y'alls thoughts on doing 1 home and 3 aways? The SNS advises not doing more than 3 aways but that is really challenging when one of your aways is after eras is due...
What is wrong with doing more aways? The more, the better, right?
More sub-is is better if you don’t think about it. If you do, there are a ton of reasons not to.
^^^ Not sure I understand? Unless you are a weak student?
thanks a lot for information, was searching for similar one! Thanks again! check The Attract Group's blog on Lean Product Development offers a concise overview of a methodology that's essential for startups and innovation teams. It insightfully presents key principles to efficiently bring products to market, emphasizing value, waste reduction, and iterative learning. An invaluable read for those looking to streamline their development process.
Might be an unpopular opinion, but did 1 home and 3 aways around 7 years ago and personally I think it was a great decision.

I wanted to check out a program that was lesser known in an area of the country that was appealing to me for geographic and social reasons. This program was middle of the road in every rankings and from what I had heard, so i wanted to check it out to see if it was a diamond in the rough or really just mediocre. I ended up ranking it lower because i spent a month there and i'm glad i did. I would say total extra cost with stay and travel was an extra ~$1,500 but in the grand scheme of things was worth it looking back.

Even though the SNS recommends against it in order to stop a Sub-I arms race and increased costs of application season, i think there's multiple reasons it can be an advantage. For me, it let me check out a smaller, lesser known program i was interested in without having to sacrifice the quality of a letter, it stopped me from ranking a program higher for reasons i would not have been able to pick up on during an interview, and if i would have liked the program more I would have had a high chance of matching there given the extra time with them.
I had a subpar home program/med school and did three away subIs at strong programs that I thought that I could match at on my best day. I matched at one of the three away subIs and haven't looked back. Through doing three away SubIs at top-ish programs, I was able to take focus off of my subpar home program and I think I garnered more interest as a result.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)