Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 2 CK scores for interviews
Okay boomer
Wait until this boomer learns that most don’t care about research and only do it to match
This trend needs to reverse. It’s creating garbage literature, puts perverse pressure on applicants, and amplifies the magnitude of having attended a top NIH funded med school.

1) Bring Step 1 scores back, med schools fund resources for everyone, its fair, its a chance to shine
2) List max your top 5 most important ‘scholarly works’, which will breed quality
3) Do away with this standardized letter. Number one thing a letter must mention is your coachability. Letters are useless these days
To have quality research requires going to a top funded NIH funded med school. Your argument is bogus.
Not true. Look at a guy like Myron Rolle. Came from a mid tier undergrad/med school (FSU) and won a Rhodes scholarship and matched at MGH while winning awards for his research prowess. It's about hustle, not your school's resources
Link me one high impact first author paper Rolle has written. I'll wait.
Whenever I see people complain about lack of opportunity, too many obstacles, poor background, etc. I just point them to Rolle. Truly an amazing guy, who overcame it all to do the impossible -- all the while advancing the field and saving countless lives in the process.

He came from nothing, and achieved everything.
^Agreed. He has the potential to carry the field publicly like Carson and contribute like Harvey. Hopkins is lucky to get him

(04-25-2023, 12:12 PM)Guest Wrote: Link me one high impact first author paper Rolle has written. I'll wait.

https://connects.catalyst.harvard.edu/Pr...son/165236
I said to link me ONE high impact first author paper not his entire profile. Try again. If you can't show me that paper, I'll assume that you concede that he is a mediocre researcher.

I'll make it even easier for you. Show me one high impact paper for which he is at least third author.
^^ He does behind-the-scenes work in medical devices. He is on the board of directors, where he helps invent stuff. I've read his biography and he talked about this. He doesn't do much publishing. He does industry work where you don't get much formal recognition.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)