Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 2 CK scores for interviews
Just admit you lost the debate man. No shame. I like how when someone provides tangible evidences that discredits Rolle, you just respond with another asinine off-topic response. Your hero Rolle is a fraud (presuming that you aren't Rolle yourself)

Also, you claimed that Rolle is juggernaut in BOTH bench/clinical research and biotech work. Now you reduce your arguments to saying he is just great at biotech work and say that it's difficult to gauge how great his work is because he works in industry.

To quote a post made by a prior attending on this forum:

"The issue, as I see it, is that this fellow Rolle is a braggart. The problem with showing off is that, by definition, you put other people down, and no one likes that. Now at least if he was a real top surgeon/researcher, then that is one thing. However, he is a relatively average NS resident but portrays himself as a top surgeon.

In the olden days, such behavior was frowned upon--because such behavior, by its very nature, makes others feel inferior. However, in today's culture, such behavior is normalized--look at all the idiotic bragging done on social media.

But despite the cultural shift, human nature is still basically the same, and making people feel inferior leads people to post angry, anonymous rants against you--as is frequently done on these forums."

Your diversity hire Rolle is a fraud. NFL---> Rhodes scholar---> mediocre lowest of the low tier medical school ---> MGH for his football background

Look at the academic backgrounds of everyone who matched at MGH. Now look at Rolle.
You have to love how this whole thread is occupied by Rolle frantically just posting about himself, and everyone else in the world of Neurosurgery trashing him in response
If you see a Rolle admiration post, followed by another Rolle admiration post, it's the same poster/person. Been happening on this forum for months. Not a coincidence. Pathetic poster.
I think this Rolle defender is a troll. They’ve referenced his bogus book too many times for it to be a normal response. They’re egging us on for fun
To quote a post made by a prior attending on this forum:

"The issue, as I see it, is that this fellow Rolle is a braggart. The problem with showing off is that, by definition, you put other people down, and no one likes that. Now at least if he was a real top surgeon/researcher, then that is one thing. However, he is a relatively average NS resident but portrays himself as a top surgeon.

In the olden days, such behavior was frowned upon--because such behavior, by its very nature, makes others feel inferior. However, in today's culture, such behavior is normalized--look at all the idiotic bragging done on social media.

But despite the cultural shift, human nature is still basically the same, and making people feel inferior leads people to post angry, anonymous rants against you--as is frequently done on these forums."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Boomer is correct.
All you Rolle haters are ridiculous. Try accomplishing 2% of what he's done before you speak down on him. And he's not bragging, media attention will naturally come when you're as successful as he is.
Here's an excerpt from his book:

“I wanted to learn from the best and brightest. I was allowed to observe an operation on a lumbar disc herniation. I stood side by side with a second-year orthopedic surgery resident. The attending performing the surgery asked us questions, testing our knowledge of the procedure in real time. It was clear that the second-year resident was struggling. He either didn’t prepare or didn’t know much about the spine.At one point the attending asked us, “What is this?” As a fourth-year medical student, not even an MD, I had been respectfully deferring to the second-year, but he was tongue-tied. I couldn’t resist.
“That’s the yellow ligament. Ligamentum flavum. That’s right before you get to the thecal sac.”
The attending paused to look up at me, his eyes lighting up. “Very good,” he said.
All the work I put in—2 percent at a time—gave me the knowledge to answer that question. I was proud of myself. I knew I’d be able to make it in a neurosurgery residency. The orthopedic resident never talked to me after that.”

If you don't call that arrogance/bragging, I don't know what is. Dude knew the answer to an anatomy term (that even an MS1 in his first block of medical school could answer) and thinks he's the greatest gift to the world.

Also, any MS3/MS4 knows not to make a resident looks bad. It appear to me that Rolle lacks common courtesy and basic manners. That ortho resident probably thought he was a tool and stopped talking to him afterwards.
^^ Holy shit, I thought you were joking, but that is actually a real quote.
This book sounds hilarious. Might have to pirate it sometime
Ugh that’s out and about in public??

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)