Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of you neurosurgery residents lift weights?
Brick 
Should I kiss goodbye to all my gains heading into intern year? Any of you have time to lift during the week? I built a squat rack in my apartment during medical school and just focused on the basic lifts (squat, bench, press). Planning on making another rack during residency.
previous JHU resident did Ironmans in residency, weight lifting will be straightforward.
It all depends on what is most important to you. If this is number one, then yes
Well number 1 is being a good surgeon. I just want 45 minutes-1 hour 2 to 3 times a week to make sure I don't have hypertension or DM in my 40s. Haha
Depends also on how willing you are to give up sleep. Personally get up at 0200 or a little earlier to work out every day. Sleep sucks, but depends on how important not becoming the chunk resident is to you
Weight lifting leads to baldness, testicular atrophy, muscle sores, spine fracture and bone compression. Walking and keto diet are the only things I’d recommend
^What a beta
I might be a beta but at least I have a well-functioning spine, not worth the spinal fractures and baldness just for a little muscle to impress your male lover.
Don't need to lift crazy weight to gain decent muscle slenderman. You're an idiot if you think you'll go bald and fracture your spine from benching 2 plates and deadlifting 3
So you deadlift 300 lbs? Sorry, but no way I'd do that. The most I lift is 30 lbs, and the most I'd recommend is 40 lbs. The risk of disk herniation and resulting paralysis is just too great.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)