Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.88 Average
Freida Step Cutoffs Reliable?
Basically as the title says. Just wondering if these are updated regularly or if they’re old and outdated. Thanks!
Also curious. I've seen at least one program that reported a cutoff of 235 and had average resident score of 221-240 which seems really strange.
I think a lot of these cutoffs have significantly gone up in recent years, so while the range could be 220-240, a 235 cut-off may apply for this year.
^ Thanks M1 on your thoughts. Be sure to consider it.
I mean, she/he could be right, right? I literally have no idea, just hoping someone could shed some light on it
Cutoff, if they exist at a program, is a general guideline to reduce the number of applications that get a more serious and time consuming look and interview. Cutoffs are not set in stone.
Senior residents may have started prior to the cutoff implementation; hence skewing the score range.
Hard to imagine a program passing on interviewing an applicant who is a great match for them with the exception of a sub cutoff score.
Hard to imagine a program not interviewing their own med school applicants just because of a sub cutoff score.
Hard to imagine a program not interviewing an applicant highly recommended by their friends & colleagues at another program just because of a sub cutoff score.
etc....

In this process, everything, including a cutoff of step score, is in play until it isn't.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)