Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affirmative action is now illegal.
Why does Barrow not have a star studded resident list (like MGH does) then? I see kids from Indiana, Nevada, and Buffalo state med schools but not as many t20's as you'd expect from arguably the #1 operative program in the country. Surely there's a reason why BNI routinely turns t20 kids down for state med school graduates
Softball
(06-29-2023, 03:14 PM)Guest Wrote: Why does Barrow not have a star studded resident list (like MGH does) then? I see kids from Indiana, Nevada, and Buffalo state med schools but not as many t20's as you'd expect from arguably the #1 operative program in the country. Surely there's a reason why BNI routinely turns t20 kids down for state med school graduates

Great, so why you are complaining then? The status quo is perfect then
(06-29-2023, 03:20 PM)Guest Wrote:
(06-29-2023, 03:14 PM)Guest Wrote: Why does Barrow not have a star studded resident list (like MGH does) then? I see kids from Indiana, Nevada, and Buffalo state med schools but not as many t20's as you'd expect from arguably the #1 operative program in the country. Surely there's a reason why BNI routinely turns t20 kids down for state med school graduates

Great, so why you are complaining then? The status quo is perfect then

That's for all the idiots saying programs should always take t20 kids over the rest
Only a few kids from a top school go into NS. So like 1-2 from Harvard/Yale go into NS for example. So from T20, maybe 30 go into NS, and they have like 250 residency positions. So top schools prefer dermatology, plastic surgery, ophthalmology for obvious reasons.

How will this affect diversity in the field? Research has shown that black patients do better under black doctors for example. Will this leads to lives lost?
(06-29-2023, 03:58 PM)Guest Wrote: Only a few kids from a top school go into NS. So like 1-2 from Harvard/Yale go into NS for example. So from T20, maybe 30 go into NS, and they have like 250 residency positions. So top schools prefer dermatology, plastic surgery, ophthalmology for obvious reasons.

How will this affect diversity in the field? Research has shown that black patients do better under black doctors for example. Will this leads to lives lost?

You are fixing the symptoms, not the root cause. If black patients do better with black doctors, then that suggests a larger issue. Simply adding more black physicians will not fix the problem. Also, discriminating against Asians is not the answer either.
^ simply not true. Having just one black doctor improves outcomes, because of changes in protocol, patient advocacy and treatment. I’m not black but I’ve experienced racism.
The narcissism here betrays the most fragile of egos. You’re confusing privilege for merit, clinging desperately to that sense of superiority. Don’t lose any more sleep my soft-toothed friend; us rubes from state schools won’t take your lunch money (anymore) when we inevitably finish the same race without the handicap.
Keep huffing on that copium. Shit med school= shit residency= shit attending more often than not.

All the chads like Spetzler, Lawton, Ed Chang went to top med schools.

Also, not sure what "handicap" you are referring too.
Yasargil laughing at you.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)