Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genuine Question
I and a friend are M1's at a t10 and mid tier school, respectively. We both have no connections, legacy, or friends/family of influence. What would be the bare minimum we both need to do individually to match at a decent, but not crap or t20 nsgy program? How much could I rely on my school name, without doing much actual productive work? And how much harder would my friend have to work to overcome their school rank to match as well as me?
Change your last name to Al-Mefty and let Joey J help you out on your research projects.
You are completely fucked.
You might have to kiss a lot of bosses' asses. Switch the field or perish the consequences.
There are three scenarios in Nsgy:
1. You’re smart at a top school-> match
2. You’re dumb in a sh*tty school or even an IMG BUT! with family or political connection -> match
3. You’re smart in a school without a home program, BUT you find an outstanding mentor who really cares about your success-> match
Do research with a neurosurgeon at MGH/USCF. Make sure he/she has strong connections in organized neurosurgery. He/she will help you when the time comes to apply. Good luck.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)