Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resident Unions
Seeing as residencies are getting unionized and the efforts made to suppress unions, its gotta be a big deal. Hell, Loma Linda tried to say their religion forbids unions. For those in unionized programs, did unions make a meaningful difference to the neurosurgery residents, or are they just good for getting a raise and free covered parking?
Getting a raise and free parking sounds pretty meaningful to me
get rid of unions. these residents are all lazy ungrateful thugs. you should be grateful for the privilege to practice neurosurgery, and you should express nothing but gratitude to those who gave you this opportunity. The younger generation are entitled and full of shit.
^^ The insane ramblings of an abusee turned abuser.
Agree unions arent helpful and only perpetuate entitlement and loss of training opportunities. Maybe helpful in some lifestyle specialties but for neurosurgery. I do think there is a balance and programs of the 80s-90s may have been far too extreme but now the softness on trainees has swung far too much in the opposite direction. These new attitudes are self selecting for lazy and inadequate neurosurgical trainees who, when offered opportunity to stay late for another case, would rather go home and practice their “self care”
“Unions aren’t helpful” - trust fund baby that doesn’t give a shit about their salary and/or some cuck that didn’t want to help themselves

If you want to preserve the operative opportunities, then don’t make a strict 40 hour week the demand. ACGME protects the lazy, so no worry about the union helping lazy people stay in a job. Instead, ask for raises, parking, free food, whatever. Make sure you get at least the raise unless you’re happy with fry cook wages for 7+ years.
In my experience, it is the poor people--those from ghetto/low class backgrounds--who are always ranting and raving about "muh wages." Seems like these people go into medicine only for the money. They have the same culture as nurses/techs--ghetto trash culture.

In my experience, those from rich/affluent backgrounds are more humble and are just grateful for the opportunity to train and help patients. In my opinion, we need more of these people in medicine. These are the men who stay on a case and do a follow-up at midnight to help a patient.

I come from a generation of physicians, and we are all in it to help the patients. You won't see me whine and complain about hours or wages. We are in it for all the right reasons.
Wtf, the lazy are affluent. You can’t be poor, lazy, and get to residency.

I know people like you. You scrub out mid-case once the clock hits 80 hours. You have the ACGME on speed dial if someone writes you a negative review. You respond to any critical feedback either by crumpling like a paper bag or by blaming the attending for not seeing how smart you are.

Increased wages threatens you because then you have to compete, and shit pay preserves your position. You need shit wages as a barrier to entry, or you would finally have to confront your inadequacy. It’s the same argument people have against unpaid internships.
^^ I know kids like you. They talk about "good money" and opening a spa, doing botox and doing business. In medicine for all the wrong reasons.

People who come from affluent backgrounds don't need money so they are more likely to go into research/academic medicine and are more likely to serve uninsured patients.

The low wages serve to keep the rif-rafts out, and that is a good thing. Keep wages low.
Shut up Luke you're a goddamn college student living off daddies money.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)