Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galveston program
lol cope
Really? You sound like the program director of Galveston. Whatever you mentioned should be compared with CNN: fake news.
Found the doodoo Galveston resident living in mediocrity.
Hey, I just interviewed there few weeks ago. Looks like a very fragmented program,two campuses, 30 miles away, both junior and senior residents move  between those very often, as needed, not in 2 months( as someone mentioned), and are in call on one or the other place . Most of the faculty are inexperienced , being recent graduates. I am concerned , with so many young faculties learning how to improve their skills, do the residents get much? They said they let them go early to OR , but just to close scalp? I am confused .
why are they missing residents?
Residents got lost traveling between the hospitals!
I am not sure, I have mixed observations about this program. Several of their residents have dropped out or have been terminated midway or even at the Chief level. When I interviewed some of the faculty appeared very aggressive and the residents subdued. Should I consider them?
If you have other options, no. Programs who can’t even pull their shit together for an interview day are likely 100x worse when you’re a resident.

As a fellow Texas resident, they seem absolutely miserable down there, bottom 10 program for sure.
They have good volume, but they have an attending (the pediatric neurosurgery one) who not only does not operate anything Pediatric, but he is highly malignant with the residents and tries to humiliate them whenever he has a chance.
The guy operates disc herniations and cervical lamis in prison patients. Probably that's why he's so unhappy.
Cuttack, India. sez it all

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)