Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spine + endovascular training
I've heard of more outgoing residents doing specific training in both spine and endovascular with an eye toward being a private practice surgeon that can "do it all": that is, take out basic tumors, handle 95% of spine pathology that comes through the door, and take vascular call (+/- stroke call). What are your thoughts on how marketable a job applicant like this would be, and does it mean you're committing yourself to seriously onerous call out in practice?
Come to temple you can graduate with MIS spine and endovascular after 7 years
Yes, people do this, the best way is to find a program with a CAST approved enfolded spine fellowship, and then do a one year endovascular fellowship post grad. One of my coresidents during my training opted for this route. It’s very reasonable, but truthfully most neurosurgeons I know that went this route do “basic spine” plus their endovascular practice. They’re not doing scoliosis, deformity, spine onc, and other complex spine cases for the most part to the best of my knowledge.
Come to jefferson, you can do MIS spine and endovascular after 7 months.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)