Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In person interviews
The unfortunate reality: bullying is not seen as a universally bad trait. At this point, bullying is bad only insofar as it causes your chair to be annoyed with complaints they’d rather not deal with. Otherwise, it’s an effective way of getting done what you want to get done. Nobody will want to do you any favors, though, so you better understand the rules of the game before you play it that way.
Several of the kids who bullied my in high school went on to top colleges. Two went on to become surgeons, one is working on Wall Street.

When I was getting bullied, I used to tell myself, "One day, I will be rich and they will be working for me."

Now, I go to a bottom-tier med school. No home program, extremely hard to match.

Brutal.
Life of an incel^
Idk. I get into the "zone" much better if I'm interviewing on the actual campus. It's difficult for me to feel enthusiastic about a program in my bedroom which therefore impacts how well the interview goes. To each their own though. I've enjoyed my in person interviews much better than the virtual interviews I have had so far.
A lot of (most?) people who go into surgery are bullies. Surgery culture in fact encourages bullies and in many places, surgeons (including residents) openly bully and laugh at staff--I have seen this personally.

So interviewers (bullies) in these in-person interviews select for training who are bullies by nature, thus propagating this culture
^ ballpark, how many swirlies have you gotten in your life? I’m guessing A LOT… because you know…bullies
They were called high intensity cranial hydrotherapy treatments. GET IT RIGHT!!
People who were bullied go into pathology. Or psych.
People here are openly praising bullies. I have seen very similar behavior amongst surgical residents and surgical interest groups.
Everyone is the hero of their own story.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)