Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
letter advice
hey guys,

i need advice on a couple things regarding my letters. I currently have a letter from my PD from my home program, my research mentor at my home, and my other subI. I am about to go on another subi this month but was wondering if I should get a letter from the PD there and have that letter be late? Or should i get another letter from my home program(though considered a junior level attending since they have been practicing for around 5 years after residency)?

my concern is that waiting for the letter from the chair at this subI might not help me since itll be after sept 15th, but he does have a big name. While the letter from home does not have as big a name but would be a good letter. 

I have no idea what to do. What do you guys think?
Hey, I also had this problem. I have been told by the PD at my school, as well as others, it is okay to submit the letter late from a September sub-I.

Idk if this applies if you were doing your subI in October.
Kill the sub-I, get a stellar letter from the sub-I's PD and submit it late. Would add more diversity and weight to your letters. Make sure you politely remind the PD to submit the letter on time (they usually get busy and forget).

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)