Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
previous work experience
Am an applicant with average stats (Honored: Med, Neuro, Psych, HP everything else). Pending step 2 score. 5 papers (1 first author), about 30 pubs total. No AOA. I know killing my sub-is and getting strong LORs is a given, but wanted to see what other parts of my CV I can take advantage of.

Do PD's like to see applicants with actual life and/or work experience?

I think other's on this forum have also said to write about hobbies as well.
5 papers and 30 pubs total?
Life and work experience are a huge plus because a lot of medicine is managing expectations, navigating high stress situations, maintaining interpersonal relations etc.
Think they meant 5 papers and 30 items (abstracts, presentations, etc) total
how do people get 30 items with only 5 pubs? several pubs in review/unpublished or just lots of double dipping (submitting same stuff to different conferences)?
asking for myself because I have the same project presented at several places but don't plan on listing them all since it seems like i'm inflating my real numbers.
OP here: 5 pubs, 6 in review. Rest abstracts and podium presentation. No double dipping I promise Wink
Bartenders and waiters are in high demand. You'll need to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting demands while making everyone feel special.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)