Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2CK score cutoffs?
(03-28-2024, 05:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Seems we have some sjw HBCU med students on here whining about discrimination again. Plenty of asian applicants who have better scores, research, activities, and good personalities are routinely turned away every year simply because they're asian. Does that sound fair to you? Choosing an unqualified person because of their skin color is the definition of discrimination and it does our future patients no good. Besides, Rolle came from a very wealthy family in the Bahamas where he lived most of his life. He doesn't even have the same life experiences or faced the same "struggles" as US born African-Americans that you all say is so important for patient care. You've been better off giving his spot to one of the many lower income chinese or koreans who grew up in inner cities and worked their way up through real racism and hardship instead of a kid from the bahamas coming from generational wealth because of his skin color

That "you did not match" email really fucked with your mental health, sorry dude. "omg I can't believe I didn't match cuz I'm asian how can they let a black man into mass gen instead of me". I get it - everyone thinks they are the perfect candidate and they have an amazing personality with earth shattering research, and you need to find a scapegoat to cope. The brain rot in this forum never ceases to amaze me. Hope you all have fun continuing to blame the 30 or so qualified, successful black people that match on average each year for your own personal shortcomings.
Everyone has challenges and struggles. Life isn’t easy for anybody. Got to be the best person you can be, regardless of race or whatever. Need to focus on what’s in front of you, not Myron Rolle or DEI. Can’t blame anyone for your shortcomings, there is a lot of opportunity for people of all colors and background to get into neurosurgery if you put forth the effort and have the right mentality. Being a neurosurgeon is a privilege. No one is owed a neurosurgery spot regardless of what test scores, papers, or anything else they have done.
It's always those that don't match that are the loudest & cry "BUT DEI...". Enjoy SOAPing peds or family medicine, we don't need your mediocre ass in this field <3
Plenty of Asians are doing well in neurosurgery- see the top schools! Smile
(03-28-2024, 06:25 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 05:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Seems we have some sjw HBCU med students on here whining about discrimination again. Plenty of asian applicants who have better scores, research, activities, and good personalities are routinely turned away every year simply because they're asian. Does that sound fair to you? Choosing an unqualified person because of their skin color is the definition of discrimination and it does our future patients no good. Besides, Rolle came from a very wealthy family in the Bahamas where he lived most of his life. He doesn't even have the same life experiences or faced the same "struggles" as US born African-Americans that you all say is so important for patient care. You've been better off giving his spot to one of the many lower income chinese or koreans who grew up in inner cities and worked their way up through real racism and hardship instead of a kid from the bahamas coming from generational wealth because of his skin color

That "you did not match" email really fucked with your mental health, sorry dude. "omg I can't believe I didn't match cuz I'm asian how can they let a black man into mass gen instead of me". I get it - everyone thinks they are the perfect candidate and they have an amazing personality with earth shattering research, and you need to find a scapegoat to cope. The brain rot in this forum never ceases to amaze me. Hope you all have fun continuing to blame the 30 or so qualified, successful black people that match on average each year for your own personal shortcomings.

Seems the whole HBCU zoo came on UH to fight what's so clear and obvious. Have fun at Howard or Meharry or whatever HBCU party med school you go to. The top black applicants in this field who I've came across were those who didn't care about race or viewed themselves as oppressed and simply pursued their goals. Also doesn't hurt that 99% of them come from money that you HBCU bottom feeders never had. Sjws who see everything with tinted glasses on will continue to fail in life and blame whites/asians because you don't want to be accountable for your actions.
Some moron with average step, one pub, 3rd quartile class rank blames DEI for not matching.
Stop fighting, everyone.
Yes, DEI helps URMs during match- no one is questioning that.
Yes, you can still match well as ORMs.
Just be the best version you can possibly be.
(03-28-2024, 09:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Yes, DEI helps URMs during match- no one is questioning that.

I am
Can we just end this thread? It is clear nothing good is going to come out of this aside from hearing this guy's misguided bigotry. Which, while entertaining, is probably not best for the mental health of actual residents.
This dude is literally having a meltdown over a rhodes scholar/NFL athlete turned neurosurgery applicant from YEARS ago, they need some serious help lmao

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)