Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masters
Hello. Current MS1 here. How are Master degrees looked at in terms of applications? Regardless, I would like to take the masters because I want to go into academics, but just want to know how it’ll be perceived. I am thinking about doing the Masters of Clinical Research, but I may also do another science oriented one.
It will mean nothing. Reviewers will not care. And since u say ur doing it anyway, there’s not much point to the question, because it doesn’t change anything.
Do a masters in applied statistics or biostatistics at a public health school, something more math heavy. Masters in clinical research is a waste of time and you'll take only 1 stats course. Clinical research is easy, the difficult part is really understanding the statistics and using relevant models and not just running a linear regression on everything.

If you're good with stats you will raise eyebrows, no one will care about a masters in clinical research
Applied stats or biostatistics would be helpful. Probably would need to think outside the box for a masters to be a net plus. Maybe if there was a Masters in machine learning, robotics, electrical engineering.
Agree ^ OP this is the way to go. Statistics / math or some engineering heavy masters. Learn an actual skill that you can apply. Clinical Research masters are for nurses.
What’s the opinion on getting an MBA during med school. Seems more popular these days
lol if you want to go into hospital admin or leave med school get your MBA. also its pretty worthless unless its free or unless youre at an m7 school like harvard , uchicago , northwestern. wont help u match neurosurgery.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)