Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USC subI
1. Has USC released subIs for July/August yet? I have yet to hear anything.

2. What is the subI like in terms of hours, letters, etc. Obviously this might be a bit premature as I haven't heard back yet.
haven't heard of anyone hearing yet, who knows.
Recently matched incoming intern here. Interviewed (& thought very highly of) but did not subI at USC. But from my friends on the trail, USC is probably one of the hardest/if not the hardest Sub-I experience out there (on par with Miami/Vandy/UCSF/UW). There is a culture of volitionally staying postcall (which exists in a select number of places) which can be a detraction to some. However, the culture there is excellent. I think excelling as a USC subI will go far on the interview trail (showing exceptional work ethic and stamina), Zada, the PD, seems like an upstanding guy who would write a strong a LOR.
why are usc ucsf uw vandy miami "hard" subIs (aside from the "stay postcall" culture for usc)
To be very clear, don't forget that how you are treated as a guest is the best treatment you will ever get from a program.

Volitional post-call just means the program is not actively discouraging it (while making it very obvious that it is looked down upon to leave), which they should do because it is bullshit to put students through that. I remember one of my co-subis had bruises up and down his arms because he would pinch himself to stay awake, sometimes with an instrument. That is not educational nor should that level of fatigue ever be needed for prolonged periods in residency or beyond.
Everytime you feel tired during your Subi just remember: there's an FMG willing to work 48 hours straight multiple times a week hungry for your spot
Bullshit. The people who say that are the first to bitch about the call schedule.
USC not releasing subIs yet is giving me an aneurysm
Has anyone heard back from USC yet?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)