Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some neuroticism - Research PI letter
I have 3 of my 4 letters in, and one of the 3 is from my research PI. Not a neurosurgeon but a scientist. 

I was just thinking, would it be prudent to assign this PI letter to every program? How would programs with weak or absent research programs look at this? I don't want to alienate programs, and there are a few with small research operations that I'd love to train at.

If I'm being neurotic, lemme know  Smile
It seems that most programs, even those without currently strong research credentials or focus, strive to have a better research output. Given that research is technically a part of the residency structure, it should be safe to assume that the "low"research programs would welcome applicants who offer a strong research background. The challenge is for you to show (in your application, essay & interview) that you have a strong interest (aside from research) in their program and be prepared to discuss why and how your background can add to it. On the flip side, you have to make sure that you are willing to possibly forego a strong research environment if it comes down to that.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)