Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interviews Nov Dec
How many interviews do people typically go on during the month of November and december? 6? 7?
Are all invites generally sent by October? Or do they come in waves? Like the first wave in the next 2 weeks, another wave later in October, etc etc. Just trying to anticipate what the flow is like.
bumping this thread. Does anybody know how common/feasible it is to attend an interview and then make it to another pre-interview dinner the same day?
Just an m2 but from our pc, I've learned my home program sends all their invitations in one push this week. Then, invitations go to second tier applicants as invitations are declined. Not sure if this is how it goes at all programs
Typically invites come as waves. As spots open up, more invites sent out. Invites will trickle out until just before the lists are due.

The interview season is becoming more spaced out, but typically November, December, and January are the busiest months, however I think Nov and Dec and increasingly Oct are busier because its a pain to travel in January due to weather, and programs are moving their interview times up to accommodate based on feedback.

It is feasible to attend an interview and make it to dinner, just depends on how close the programs are. Programs are increasingly coordinating with eachother so that programs in the same area interview around the same time to facilitate just this. Again, based on feedback.
(09-17-2017, 10:51 PM)Guest Wrote: bumping this thread. Does anybody know how common/feasible it is to attend an interview and then make it to another pre-interview dinner the same day?

Pretty unlikely unless you skip any post interview dinner or drink activities and that assumes the interview day ends at a reasonable time, which it may or may not. Some two day interviews finish relatively early on the second day so you would need to contact the coordinator and see if they have a prelim schedule. I assume we are talking about same city interviews.
A few programs begin inviting applicants as early as the first business day after application are made available to programs. Last year ths was the day after, as the 15th was on a Thursday, so this year I'm guessing it is today? However most of them send invites in October and November. I refer you to this helpful document published by the NRMP (http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...Survey.pdf).

I'm guessing that because of weather, it is probably best to schedule interviews on the earlier spots, but not at all a universal rule. SNS website, btw, has a document with the planned interview dates by program. Great for planning, I guess. A few entries are missing and the dates are not absolutes as programs may decide to change but still extremely helpful. I only say this because I spent a few hours doing planning on ideal dates yesterday evening, and today I heard from a program but one of the actual offered dates was different than listed in the document.
Which program did you hear from?
Just got an invite.
From???

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)