Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SubI experiences
(09-26-2017, 04:39 PM)Focus Wrote: Its pretty easy to post subi experiences without outing yourself. A positive one isn't going to hurt you and a negative one, well heck you clearly don't want to match there anyways and unless you give specific experiences that isn't going to happen especially if the program has more than 3+ subis a year. Regardless, I just wish more people from previous years would give back and submit their reviews after the match.

Chances of matching at a sub-i program are higher than others. Hence if your do 2 to 3 sub-is you definitely want to have them as a possibility to match on your ROL. Let's face it, you will take the program that you had issues with over not matching. Submit after the match, but still with a lot of caution. Residents will remember sub-is and you may give yourself away by relating even a small detail. After all, you don't see anyone who is telling you to post here doing it themselves. 

Also, people have vastly different experiences at a sub-i based on their own backgrounds, personalities, level of preparedness, work ethics, etc, etc. If you want to really learn about a program, do a sub-i there or do some research, contact some of their residents, ask your home program residents, as k your attendings, pay attention at the interview, etc. Don't let another person's issue cloud your own reasoning.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)