Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNS/AANS
Submitted an abstract that's a digital poster; what else do I do at the conference? Is it difficult to network? Personal experiences welcome.
go to the medical student / resident sessions
what's the opinion on a sub-i leaving for a couple of days to go to a conference (like CNS). taboo?
Only reason is if you are giving a talk
shouldn't have even submitted. Leaving a subi for any reason is poor form. Treat it as a job interview
(06-17-2018, 06:50 AM)Focus Wrote: shouldn't have even submitted. Leaving a subi for any reason is poor form. Treat it as a job interview

This is not true.  Leaving October or November SubI for interviews is standard practice.
it isn't standard to do sub is that late except early october so I would dispute that. I have a problem with it and I doubt I am the only one who does. Not saying you will get not rank status instantly but it's not a great thing to do.
(06-17-2018, 03:23 PM)Focus Wrote: it isn't standard to do sub is that late except early october so I would dispute that. I have a problem with it and I doubt I am the only one who does. Not saying you will get not rank status instantly but it's not a great thing to do.

You speak with such an air of confidence, yet lack accurate advice   

Rotations historically started in August and extended through November   Students would do 2-3 each year. Avoiding July because the team was brand new and still figuring it out and avoiding November because it is late, and interviews/Thanksgiving.  Now, students start earlier and earlier (March even) and do 3 or 4. 

I'm an APD.
I'm not sure why we are debating then if you agree that it is not the norm to do them late late anymore. Whether or not it was historically okay because it was the norm some time ago does not mean it is universally tolerated now when it is no longer the norm.
(06-18-2018, 04:49 AM)Focus Wrote: I'm not sure why we are debating then if you agree that it is not the norm to do them late late anymore.  Whether or not it was historically okay because it was the norm some time ago does not mean it is universally tolerated now when it is no longer the norm.

Do you have issues with reading comprehension?  He said it's the norm from March to November.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)