Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Spreadsheet for 2017-2018 Season?
Would having something like this but for neurosurgery be something you guys would want?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=215136387

(10-11-2017, 10:59 PM)Guest Wrote: Would having something like this but for neurosurgery be something you guys would want?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=215136387

Done

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
This is awesome. I hope people will contribute.
i agree. i prefer this
(10-11-2017, 11:42 PM)Trigger Wrote: This is awesome. I hope people will contribute.

Thanks - if anyone wants to help fill it out I will definitely appreciate it
If anyone's feeling super generous, could use help putting in:

• interview dates
• number of spots per program
(10-12-2017, 08:19 AM)Guest Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 11:42 PM)Trigger Wrote: This is awesome. I hope people will contribute.

I'm an MS3 so I can only provide so much info, but I'll do what I can.

I think this spreadsheet could be especially helpful for identifying the schools that require Step 2 to review your application. I know this number has grown in recent years, hence the trend toward taking Step 2 before applying.
(10-12-2017, 06:55 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:19 AM)Guest Wrote:

I'm an MS3 so I can only provide so much info, but I'll do what I can.

I think this spreadsheet could be especially helpful for identifying the schools that require Step 2 to review your application. I know this number has grown in recent years, hence the trend toward taking Step 2 before applying.

It's hard to tell if anyone requires step 2. For me personally, I don't have a step 2 uploaded and have gotten rejections from pretty much all the schools that have sent rejections out. Not sure what it says. I have more than 10 interviews though.
I have not gotten any rejections and I have yet to take Step 2. Not sure if my acceptances are from schools with a low bar, or if my Step 1 is high enough to compensate for not taking Step 2.
This spreadsheet looks like it has the potential to be a great resource to get a better understanding of what can be an otherwise not so very transparent process. However, my only suggestion is that people keep their nicknames clean and professional. It wouldn't take much to put 2 and 2 together and if the numbers you are reporting are correct it would be very easy to identify an applicant and this could have a potential negative impact. That being said, I would like to think that most people applying would have a high enough EQ to figure that out making me not want to trust those that are not careful enough. We are 'trusting' a public and anonymous forum after all.
(10-15-2017, 09:02 PM)MrGyrus Wrote: This spreadsheet looks like it has the potential to be a great resource to get a better understanding of what can be an otherwise not so very transparent process. However, my only suggestion is that people keep their nicknames clean and professional. It wouldn't take much to put 2 and 2 together and if the numbers you are reporting are correct it would be very easy to identify an applicant and this could have a potential negative impact. That being said, I would like to think that most people applying would have a high enough EQ to figure that out making me not want to trust those that are not careful enough. We are 'trusting' a public and anonymous forum after all.

Get your panties out of a bunch. Christ

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)