Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown University Program
It seems like there have been a lot of changes lately at Brown with faculty coming up from Hopkins. Did anyone do a sub-I there this year?
yes someone did do a subI there this year
(10-13-2017, 04:25 PM)Guest Wrote: yes someone did do a subI there this year

Can you tell me about your/their experience there?
small program, moderate volume, residents and faculty were very nice to the subI. I think there's solid reform going on and this program will be stronger ima few years. but overall it's a small program with moderate volume. nothing really special about it
(10-13-2017, 04:57 PM)Guest Wrote: small program, moderate volume, residents and faculty were very nice to the subI. I think there's solid reform going on and this program will be stronger ima few years. but overall it's a small program with moderate volume. nothing really special about it

is it beneficial at all to be associated with the university and its prestige? it feels like not too many people really want basic science these days
(10-13-2017, 05:43 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:57 PM)Guest Wrote: small program, moderate volume, residents and faculty were very nice to the subI. I think there's solid reform going on and this program will be stronger ima few years. but overall it's a small program with moderate volume. nothing really special about it

is it beneficial at all to be associated with the university and its prestige? it feels like not too many people really want basic science these days

I don't follow. what do you mean by 'beneficial'
Ziya at the helm. Adding faculty. Will become 2 res/year soon. It's a decent program with good potential.

Good undergrad, not much else
(10-13-2017, 05:59 PM)Guest Wrote: Ziya at the helm. Adding faculty. Will become 2 res/year soon. It's a decent program with good potential.

If you don't get fired first
(10-14-2017, 04:34 AM)Guest Wrote:

Good undergrad, not much else

Like Yale, UChicago and Dartmouth, Brown relies heavily on institutional prestige and doesn't offer much in terms of training outside of research. That being said, Gokaslan is a remarkable surgeon and leader so there is potential at this program.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)