Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Would be so much nicer now if I applied IM
As I sit here pulling my hair out and banging my head, thinking about my slim chance of matching, I can't help but think how much better life would be now applying IM/Peds/FM/OB...basically anything else.  

#life of a non 250s, non elite medical school applicant
(10-24-2017, 05:31 PM)masochist1 Wrote: As I sit here pulling my hair out and banging my head, thinking about my slim chance of matching, I can't help but think how much better life would be now applying IM/Peds/FM/OB...basically anything else.  

#life of a non 250s, non elite medical school applicant

if its any consolation, those that did not match in my application year went on to match in top Anesthesia and General Surgery programs the following year - the bar for Neurosurgery is really dissimilar from all other fields except Rad Onc or Plastics
Sure you're not overreacting? How many II? Step 1 range?

There's gonna be more invites as schedules conflict for other applicants.
7 II, low 230s on Step I. I'm a hard worker, have some great assets to offer the medical field, and an incredibly great person to work with. I'm just not a strong applicant like a lot of the people applying from top 40 med schools are.

I'm going to make everything count, But I'm realistic with my slim chances. I would be so incredibly grateful if more interviews came out but I don't think they will.
(10-25-2017, 12:07 AM)Guest Wrote: 7 II, low 230s on Step I.  I'm a hard worker, have some great assets to offer the medical field, and an incredibly great person to work with.  I'm just not a strong applicant like a lot of the people applying from top 40 med schools are.

I'm going to make everything count, But I'm realistic with my slim chances.  I would be so incredibly grateful if more interviews came out but I don't think they will.

If you make your agreeable personality show through in interviews, you might be surprised in March. 

I honestly think more II are out. I got one today at a place most people said was done. This process is a black box for better or worse.
(10-25-2017, 12:07 AM)Guest Wrote: 7 II, low 230s on Step I.  I'm a hard worker, have some great assets to offer the medical field, and an incredibly great person to work with.  I'm just not a strong applicant like a lot of the people applying from top 40 med schools are.

I'm going to make everything count, But I'm realistic with my slim chances.  I would be so incredibly grateful if more interviews came out but I don't think they will.

If you ever want to chat, PM me. It's hard to find people to talk to about all this sometimes. Cheers mate.
245+ with 17 interviews (and 90+% chance of matching) crew checking in. Sucks to suck bro or bro-ette. Maybe you should have spent a little more time studying for that step 1 lol.
^ is a jerk that doesnt reflect most of the field, particularly the newer generation

modern greats in the field are actually gracious to their colleagues + trainees, dont have time to belittle.
(10-25-2017, 09:50 AM)Guest Wrote: 245+ with 17 interviews (and 90+% chance of matching) crew checking in.  Sucks to suck bro or bro-ette.  Maybe you should have spent a little more time studying for that step 1 lol.

Wow you’re a loser
If it makes you feel better, I'm a 250/265+/AOA applicant with low to moderate research from a very low tier school, and have only banked 13 invites. I thought I had put together a decent application, but this process is truly unpredictable. Keep your head up.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)