Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical College of Wisconsin
(10-31-2017, 01:28 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:36 PM)Guest Wrote: That is certainly concerning to hear. Although I feel lucky to even be receiving interviews, I must admit I am considering canceling this one. It may not be worth the cost if the program does not have a promising future. Does anyone else have any insight into ACGME 'Probationary" status or the Medical College of Wisconsin Neurosurgery Department? Have other programs gone through this recently?

Any input is much appreciated.

Missouri is a useful example of one of these programs. Although it's no longer on probation, as you can imagine this puts a lot of stress on the programs and residents. I think two of their residents quit/were fired/transferred out around the time of their probation. Someone else might have more details, but generally speaking you can expect some shuffling to take place.

They're both at Geisinger... they even downgraded to get out!
(12-25-2017, 12:01 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:36 PM)Guest Wrote: That is certainly concerning to hear. Although I feel lucky to even be receiving interviews, I must admit I am considering canceling this one. It may not be worth the cost if the program does not have a promising future. Does anyone else have any insight into ACGME 'Probationary" status or the Medical College of Wisconsin Neurosurgery Department? Have other programs gone through this recently?

Missouri is a useful example of one of these programs. Although it's no longer on probation, as you can imagine this puts a lot of stress on the programs and residents. I think two of their residents quit/were fired/transferred out around the time of their probation. Someone else might have more details, but generally speaking you can expect some shuffling to take place.

What's wrong with Geisinger? Seems like an up and coming program with plenty of cases to go around.
(12-25-2017, 12:26 PM)Guest Wrote:

What's wrong with Geisinger? Seems like an up and coming program with plenty of cases to go around.

1. There is nothing new, cutting edge, exciting about that program. Yes, there's plenty of spine there. Walmart brings degen spine in from around the country. Have fun with that.
2. Look at their resident list. Rejects and IMGs. That alone should tell you something.
3. Danville is 4 times smaller than any other city/town a program is in.
Geisinger is legit and you'd be just fine there.
(05-27-2018, 09:49 PM)Guest Wrote: Geisinger is legit and you'd be just fine there.

I didn’t match there but I did rank them pretty high (and much higher than I thought I would have).
You guys are nuts. I rotated at Geisinger and the senior residents there are stronger than the seniors I worked with at ivy league programs. I didn't match there either, but I'd be stoked if I did.
To be fair ivy league programs aren't in general operative powerhouses.
(12-26-2017, 10:57 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-25-2017, 12:26 PM)Guest Wrote:

1. There is nothing new, cutting edge, exciting about that program. Yes, there's plenty of spine there. Walmart brings degen spine in from around the country. Have fun with that.
2. Look at their resident list. Rejects and IMGs. That alone should tell you something.
3. Danville is 4 times smaller than any other city/town a program is in.

Rejects & IMG's?! They freaking matched into neurosurgery. Get off your high horse and give them some credit.
(06-21-2018, 05:02 PM)Focus Wrote: To be fair ivy league programs aren't in general operative powerhouses.

Agreed. Penn is the only ivy with a solid operative experience.
(06-22-2018, 04:50 PM)Guest Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 05:02 PM)Focus Wrote: To be fair ivy league programs aren't in general operative powerhouses.

Agreed. Penn is the only ivy with a solid operative experience.

Lol no

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)