Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiers 2016
I'm just going to repost this little nugget for everyone else.

HC
Baylor College of Medicine, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins University, Mayo Clinic, SUNY Buffalo, St. Joseph's Hospital (Barrow), Thomas Jefferson University, Univ. of Virginia, Univ. of California/San Francisco, Univ. of Michigan, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Univ. of Washington, Washington University

Carolinas Medical Center, Case Western Reserve, Duke University Hospital, Emory, University, Indiana University, Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Long Island Jewish, Massachusetts General Hospital, Medical University of South Carolina, Methodist Hospital, Mount Sinai, National Institutes of Health,New York University, Northwestern University, Ohio State University, Oregon Health & Science University, Rush University, Stanford University, Univ. of California/Los Angeles, Univ. of California/San Diego, Univ. of Cincinnati, Univ. of Florida/Gainesville, Univ. of Iowa, Univ. of Maryland, Univ. of Texas/Houston, Univ. of Utah, Univ. of Wisconsin/Madison, Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Henry Ford Hospital, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, New York Presbyterian/Columbia, New York Presbyterian/Cornell, Pennsylvania State University, Tulane University, Univ. of Alabama, Univ. of Arkansas, Univ. of Colorado, Univ. of Kansas, Univ. of Minnesota, Univ. of Mississippi, Univ. of Nebraska, Univ. of Pennsylvania, Univ. of South Florida, Univ. of Southern California, Univ. of Tennessee/Memphis, Univ. of Texas Southwestern, Univ. of Texas/San Antonio, Wayne State University, West Virginia University, Yale University

Albany Medical Center, Albert Einstein COM, Allegheny General Hospital, George Washington University, Georgetown University, Louisiana State Univ./Shreveport, Loyola University, Medical College of Georgia, Medical College of Wisconsin, New York Medical College, SUNY Syracuse, Scott & White Memorial Hospital, Temple University, Tufts Medical Center, Univ. of Arizona, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago, Univ. of Kentucky, Univ. of North Carolina, Univ. of Oklahoma, Univ. of Rochester, Univ. of Texas/Galveston, Univ. of Vermont, Virginia Commonwealth University, Wake Forest University

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Brown University,Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Geisinger Health System, Loma Linda University, Louisiana State Univ./New Orleans, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Southern Illinois University, St. Louis University, Univ. of California/Davis, Univ. of California/Irvine, Univ. of Chicago, Univ. of Illinois/Peoria, Univ. of Louisville, Univ. of Missouri/Columbia, Univ. of New Mexico, Univ. of Puerto Rico
Reposting this undergrad's list just tells me how much current med students know about this field. NOTHING. I just hope alfafa will comment here on the bullshit listed in the top tiers
The last time this was posted, it was full of comments about how bad this list was, but no one offered any alternatives. This list and Doximity are the only two I've seen. Anyone care to take another stab at it? Even if the stuff in the middle can be argued for, I'd like to know what the consensus is on "top-tier" and "bottom-tier."
I like how US News breaks down things by category and then lists the top 5 and makes you pay for the rest.  Maybe we can have a top 5 Tumor, top 5 Vascular, top 5 Spine, top 5 Functional, and top 5 worst program?
This list is complete garbage. I wouldn't even know where to begin to fix this
(01-02-2017, 12:56 PM)Guest Wrote: This list is complete garbage. I wouldn't even know where to begin to fix this

Here, let me fix it for you:  Best - Your program.  Shit - All others.

Better?
I think Doximity is a fair rough assesment.
Depends on what you're categorizing it by. I don't like to rank programs because every applicant is looking for different things in terms of volume, operative experience, research, mentorship, etc. Here's my general view (please don't call me an M1 or a premed this is my opinion from experience)

Top research (no particular order): UCSF, MGH, JHU, Columbia, Wash U, UVA, BWH, U Mich, Duke, Northwestern

Top operative/volume experience: Barrow, Pitt, Jeff, USC, UCLA , NYU, Rush, CCF, Emory, UF, Mayo

I don't have experience with the other programs in the list. I'm sure the other notables filter in here somewhere.
I'd also put Miami into the top operative category simply because of how many cases they cover. For what it's worth I didn't think UF had "top operative/volume experience" but then again I only interviewed there.

Other than that, from the programs I've seen, this is fairly good.
What does HC mean?

Also, can we all just be real with each other and create a proper updated tier list? I know everyone's program is the best, but let's do it.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)