Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step2 for rank?
I got a 240 and still haven’t taken step 2, interviewed at LSU Nola and was never asked about it
Neither of my Step 2 CS or CK scores will be available by the time rank lists are due. Step 1 259. Haven't been asked about them. Anyone know how worried I should be? Can't change anything now anyways lol
bumpity bump bump
Bump! In the same boat. Won't have CS scores until march, just took the damn thing.
I had both scores. Both in the 250's. No one mentioned my step 2.
(01-31-2018, 11:22 PM)Guest Wrote: Neither of my Step 2 CS or CK scores will be available by the time rank lists are due. Step 1 259. Haven't been asked about them. Anyone know how worried I should be? Can't change anything now anyways lol

For future reference.

Step 2 CK is required by a handful of programs by the time ROL is due. Tufts and a few others. So largely, it's not a big deal. If Step 1 was weak, make it a priority to get CK scores back before submitting ERAS.

Step 2 CS being required for ROL is largely a IM etc ordeal. No one cares in neurosurgery. It's a sham of an exam imo but yeah, no one cares.

Step 1, Research, LORs > other bs
How many publications is the average? Does it matter if they are basic science or clinical research?
(04-16-2018, 06:36 PM)Guest Wrote: How many publications is the average? Does it matter if they are basic science or clinical research?

You can find the most current information but around 10-12.. No way you'll get 12 basic science pubs in 4 years but no it doesn't matter
look at the residents that just matched at the program you want and look them up on pubmed to see their stats (see post match 2018). Look the past few residents to get an idea.
Is there a list of the programs that require CK scores?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)