Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreign Medical Graduates and Subinternship in NSG in the US
Hey Guys,
I am a foreign medial graduate and planning on applying for NSG next year. I am in the process of scheduling SubIs and observerships. Does anyone out there know what schools are FMG friendly for subi's? I have successfully scheduled 1 at a top institution.

Please- no need to trash talk because im a FMG. I have all my other bases covered, just need advice on which institutions to consider for subinternships

Thanks in advance
(12-06-2017, 07:48 PM)Guest Wrote: Hey Guys,
I am a foreign medial graduate and planning on applying for NSG next year. I am in the process of scheduling SubIs and observerships. Does anyone out there know what schools are FMG friendly for subi's? I have successfully scheduled 1 at a top institution.

Please- no need to trash talk because im a FMG. I have all my other bases covered, just need advice on which institutions to consider for subinternships

Thanks in advance

Do you plan to emigrate here for better quality of life and pay, or return to your home country with higher quality training?
I already moved to the US a couple of years ago. Long term plan is to stay here, better quality of life, research opportunities, academia. Although I'd love to go back home eventually, I don't see it happening in the near future.
Check out the programs with FMG/IMGs in their Current Residents page and try contacting them. Good luck with your journey, it is a wonderful career, well worth the years and efforts.
(12-06-2017, 11:27 PM)Guest Wrote: I already moved to the US a couple of years ago. Long term plan is to stay here, better quality of life, research opportunities, academia. Although I'd love to go back home eventually, I don't see it happening in the near future.

What's your backup plan?
May I ask how you scheduled a sub i after having graduated and moved to the US ? My understanding is that most places require FMGs to be in their final year of med school to be eligible for a sub i . Thanks !
Better if you’re still in med school and rotate as a sub-I. In your case your only option is an observership which is offered at the majority of institutions. However, I consider observerships not useful for FMG at all, since you don’t really have the opportunity to show what you know... you just observe and even though observing only is not what you think you would do, the residents and staff see you as an observant only and then you’re blocked.
I would recommend getting the highest scores as possible, research and a preresidency spot. Otherwise it is not worth it to keep trying.
Also, as someone else recommended, look into those programs that had matched FMGs, which are not few. The only reason you could get a preresidency spot as Mount Sinai Chairman told us, being the best candidate, even better than the best US candidate.
Finally, staying after preresidency is not easy and if you got this opportunity, you should work your ass off in order to be considered to match into the program you worked for. Most of the preresidents have matched to the program where they did the preresidency.
Good luck
Started unusual snare predict
ide for android development best android antivirus app best gaming android phone games and app download sex game free download for pc
http://android.adult.games.yopoint.in/?stage.diamond
retricas para descargar crear app para android gratis adult app mart google play free app search app download

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)