Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Match
Does anyone know what slots (in civilian residencies) were taken up in the military match?
I'd be curious to know this as well. I've heard that UTSW is one but have never been able to confirm.
UTSW is definitely not one.
(12-17-2017, 10:57 AM)Guest Wrote: UTSW is definitely not one.

That's what I thought, not sure where I had heard that though.
Anybody know about UT San Antonio, LSU, or some of the other programs that take a lot of military?
It’s San Antonio and Florida - not LSU.
Army: WRNMMC-Bethesda; UFlorida (DOD/VA, FTOS); UT-San Antonio (DOD/VA, FTOS); Deferment to civilian match(?)
Navy: WRNMMC-Bethesda; deferment to civilian match
Air Force: WRNMMC-Bethesda: deferment to civilian match

UF and UTSA don't necessarily take a military applicant each year and not sure if Navy or Air Force can be picked up for the UTSA, UF DOD/VA spots.
Plus Walter Reed only takes one applicant out of all military branches every other year. According to the paperwork for this year, no spots available at WRNMMC. Therefore most will civ defer or get stuck in another specialty.
Anyone know who got the military spots?
No military spot this year. Walter Reed takes 1 every other year. All military applicants had to hope to match into civilian deferred for an nsg spot or match at an institution that has the ability to accept a military student where the gov pays their tuition - examples are UF and UTSA.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)