Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programs with overseas rotations?
Which programs involve spending times at a hospital in another country during training? I know UVA spends time in New Zealand and I've heard of opportunities at UWash in England. I'd like to spend some amount of time in the UK or Canada to see neurosurgery in a different perspective.
Carolinas medical center 6mo in Switzerland and WashU 6 mo in Ireland according to the website. Im sure other places would be open to it as long as you have a good plan and show it will help your career
(12-20-2017, 09:11 PM)RisingM4 Wrote: Which programs involve spending times at a hospital in another country during training? I know UVA spends time in New Zealand and I've heard of opportunities at UWash in England. I'd like to spend some amount of time in the UK or Canada to see neurosurgery in a different perspective.

Buffalo is practically Canada
Tennessee goes to UK for 6 months
Penn state offers a 1-year Australia trip as a pgy-6
(12-21-2017, 12:06 AM)Guest Wrote: Penn state offers a 1-year Australia trip as a pgy-6

The only problem is that half of their residents get fired long before then
upenn goes to new zealand I believe?
(12-21-2017, 01:32 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 12:06 AM)Guest Wrote: Penn state offers a 1-year Australia trip as a pgy-6

The only problem is that half of their residents get fired long before then

Might be worse if Timmons becomes chief

(12-21-2017, 07:19 AM)Focus Wrote: upenn goes to new zealand I believe?

Penn started a 6 month rotation in New Zealand in 2013.
Houston methodist with 6 month London rotation
(12-21-2017, 09:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Houston methodist with 6 month London rotation

Any other programs that go to London?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)