Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did you know?
To all the attendings/residents out there: when did you know you wanted to pursue a career in neurosurgery? College? M1? Rotations? The day you realized your Step 1 was good enough? Curious to know if it’s even worthwhile to pursue an interest as an M1/M2 in terms of seeking out research and mentorship opportunities if you don’t know what your step score is like and if you haven’t actually rotated on a neurosurgery service.
I found out mid 3rd year. Wish i had known earlier to get more involved in research, publish more and form relationships with neurosurgery faculty. I think the earlier you know the better
I think you can get the Step 1 score you want - only a matter of time and effort !

I am only an IMG but I think it is always good to start early - even if you end up with a lower score , the contacts and research experience will definitely help you - just my 2 cents Smile
First year it was a clear interest. It was the most competitive if my interests so I focused on it.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)