Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
How do you know you have made a good impression?
This probably sounds like a silly question but : How do you know if you have done well on the Sub-I ? That you have a good chance that they might at least give you an IV come match time ? I find Americans are so polite and proper in all their interactions - it is kinda hard to tell if they genuinely think you're good. 

I guess I am just overthinking things because I have so much resting on this rotation as a non US IMG .

But I would really like to know if there is some way you guys know for sure that you have made a good impression - any thoughts ? (just to put my mind at rest so that I can continue studying for CK Confused ) Thank you !
If the residents are still talking to you and acknowledging you, then you are fine.
They are going to be nice, or at least cordial. You, as an IMG, are someone they likely feel sorry for. As we progress through the soul crushing depths of residency, seeing young and idealistic students gives us some perspective. Your particular situation, even more so, because of the low likelihood, even if everything on paper looks perfect, of you matching.
(01-07-2018, 01:35 PM)kaleidoscopic.brain Wrote: This probably sounds like a silly question but : How do you know if you have done well on the Sub-I ? That you have a good chance that they might at least give you an IV come match time ? I find Americans are so polite and proper in all their interactions - it is kinda hard to tell if they genuinely think you're good. 

I guess I am just overthinking things because I have so much resting on this rotation as a non US IMG .

But I would really like to know if there is some way you guys know for sure that you have made a good impression - any thoughts ? (just to put my mind at rest so that I can continue studying for CK Confused ) Thank you !
just ask the residents frankly. I did that and they were honest and I ended matching at one of my subIs

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)