Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Functional NSG
Sup y'all,
just curious as to what everyone thinks about Stereotactic and functional neurosurgery and the it's prospects/future? I've attended a bunch of procedures, and it was honestly the most interesting thing I've ever seen. On the other hand, the clinic days of the functional neurosurgeon was a drag, it was mostly just battery replacements for the DBS probes, is there anyway the surgeon can outsource that work? or is it ethically reprehensible?
The future is promising for neuromodulation, especially for pain. Sometimes neurologists will tweak the programming but other than that I don't think you'll get it outsourced to a tech or a NP.
functional = surgical neurology...yawn
The key to not having to manage battery changes and pump refills is, in my experience, to be a bigshot fuctional surgeon and get yourself a fellow to unload all that work. Is that sustainable? Is it a pyramid scheme? Probably, but it doesn't stop folks from applying.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)