Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo vs Case Western
Thoughts?

Both are in rust-belt-ish cities that have rebuilt around their medical center, affordable cities, super shitty winter vs shitty winter weather.

Buffalo known for endovascular/vascular and is building their overall reputation.
Case seems to do more open vascular / spine and has a slightly more established rep.

Overall they seem pretty similar?
Training wise, Buffalo hands down.
Are you choosing between the two for a sub-i?
(01-24-2018, 01:26 PM)Guest Wrote: Thoughts?

Both are in rust-belt-ish cities that have rebuilt around their medical center, affordable cities, super shitty winter vs shitty winter weather.

Buffalo known for endovascular/vascular and is building their overall reputation.
Case seems to do more open vascular / spine and has a slightly more established rep.

Overall they seem pretty similar?

Are you saying case does more open than Buffalo?
(01-24-2018, 01:43 PM)Guest Wrote: Training wise, Buffalo hands down.
Interesting opinion.
Dont forget that Buffalo you have to do the enfolded fellowship to have access to their endovascular at all
(01-24-2018, 01:43 PM)Guest Wrote: Are you saying Case does more open than Buffalo?

That was my general impression? I know buffalo is very vascular heavy period, but the residents at Case talked up their open vascular % a lot. Since I have 0 desire to go into vascular it’s all kinda a moot point for me.

(01-24-2018, 01:43 PM)Guest Wrote: Are you choosing between them for a subi?

Nope, trying to flesh out my rank list.
Case if you want to be in the shadow of CCF. Buffalo if you want to get all the cases that don't go to NYC.
(01-24-2018, 06:18 PM)Original Poster Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 01:43 PM)Guest Wrote: Are you saying Case does more open than Buffalo?

That was my general impression? I know buffalo is very vascular heavy period, but the residents at Case talked up their open vascular % a lot. Since I have 0 desire to go into vascular it’s all kinda a moot point for me.
Buff is overall vascular heavy.  Open % doesn't matter when they're doing that many cases.
(01-25-2018, 04:02 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 06:18 PM)Original Poster Wrote:

Buff is overall vascular heavy.  Open % doesn't matter when they're doing that many cases.

As someone else said: dont forget that Buffalo you have to do the enfolded fellowship to have access to their endovascular at all

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)