Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UC system is crumbling
Can we discuss this?  UC Irvine charimanship has been a revolving door for the last 10 years.  The Davis chairman got canned for infecting GBM patients.  UCSD abandoned ship for greener (ivy) pastures.  Leaving UCSF, who is also in a quiet chairman search and lost their cerebrovascular service to a private practice.  What is going on in California?

(01-11-2017, 06:02 PM)Rome is falling Wrote: Can we discuss this?  UC Irvine charimanship has been a revolving door for the last 10 years.  The Davis chairman got canned for infecting GBM patients.  UCSD abandoned ship for greener (ivy) pastures.  Leaving UCSF, who is also in a quiet chairman search and lost their cerebrovascular service to a private practice.  What is going on in California?

I forgot to mention UCLA chairman also left for private practice
are you drunk? UCSF is still the top dog.
I don't think these programs will crumble. Won't be hard for these programs to recruit notable faculty to their institutions.
Stupid af. UCSF will always remain the top dog of the west. UCLA has so much going on that is amazing that it will always be a great contender for top of your pile overall not just with ucs. I wasn't lucky enough to interview at either institution but I interviewed at UCSD in November and I know they had a lot of discussion before but I don't think the bull has any merit to it. Theye have a co chair situation there for the interim. I found the young guy, khanessi to be fake af and timid but he's not going to be the real chair. He's like five years out of residency. I thought the other chair, ciacci was a capable guy and even though I think they're going to go outside UCSD for the chair spot, I'd be happy if they picked him. As far as Davis and Irvine go, they've never been top dogs so who cares.
USC. enough said

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)