Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hofstra Northwell?
Talked to a friend who rotated there who seemed to like it as an up and coming program, any thoughts?
(03-19-2018, 05:46 PM)Guest Wrote: Talked to a friend who rotated there who seemed to like it as an up and coming program, any thoughts?

This is hearsay from junior faculty at BWH on my second visit, we were discussing programs in and around Nyc: Hofstra has sneaky good volume and growing footprint.
(03-19-2018, 07:32 PM)doctorK Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 05:46 PM)Guest Wrote: Talked to a friend who rotated there who seemed to like it as an up and coming program, any thoughts?

This is hearsay from junior faculty at BWH on my second visit, we were discussing programs in and around Nyc: Hofstra has sneaky good volume and growing footprint.

can the moderator merge this thread with "bottom of barrel" ?
(03-19-2018, 10:19 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 07:32 PM)doctorK Wrote:

can the moderator merge this thread with "bottom of barrel" ?

Who pee’d in your Cheerios?

OP, everyone I know who interviewed there liked it. Obviously it’s not as prestigious as the other big NYC programs but from what I hear they have good volume, flexible Elective time with access to cold spring harbor lab, and chill residents.

If you’re interested in the area I would at least go for the interview while a rotation could obviously secure you a spot if you do well.
Isn't this a DO program?
(03-20-2018, 10:58 AM)Guest Wrote: Isn't this a DO program?

It was but then Hofstra medical school took over the program and made it ACGME compliant for the past like 10 years or something.

All I know is that residents get free bagels and coffee which is the most Long Island thing I’ve ever heard of...

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)