Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nref summer grant
any advice from those who won?
(05-10-2018, 07:08 PM)Guest Wrote: any advice from those who won?

I was awarded, clinical project if that matters. What sort of advice are you looking for?
(05-10-2018, 10:33 PM)CSMyelo Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 07:08 PM)Guest Wrote: any advice from those who won?

I was awarded, clinical project if that matters. What sort of advice are you looking for?

advice how to finish a project in a short summer?
We have a very short summer, 8 weeks, so it was a big concern for me when I was designing my project (the reason I settled on clinical). I chose a topic of interest and mapped out the week by week action items in order to finish and for my topic it turned out to be quite doable. I’ll also stress that the 2 page report is due at the end of the summer, but you can continue your work if you need to in the fall and prepare your manuscript after the summer.

Advice: Pick a very specific topic that has high impact but attainable. Sounds vague, but you’ll know when you have that, and your mentor should be able to guide your decisions. I spent the entire late fall-winter preparing proposals for my PI and running power analyses until I settled on my topic.

For basic projects, I couldn’t make it work with my topic of interest, but obviously others do. (Maybe they have 12 week summers though)
(04-28-2018, 06:31 PM)Guest Wrote: Is there a list of who got it 

https://www.nref.org/-/media/Files/NREF/...67E5EFA799

Congrats to all awardees!
UCSF killing it as usual. They have had 2 recipients for the past 3 years. One of the UCSF kids this year has a very thoughtful prospective study too
Is this award strictly for basic science projects since it mentions "neurosurgical laboratories"?
(06-03-2018, 11:51 AM)Guest Wrote: UCSF killing it as usual. They have had 2 recipients for the past 3 years. One of the UCSF kids this year has a very thoughtful prospective study too

I am so sure that I danced with her at 21st amendment or Spotted Cat during AANS. She was the fun loving girl dancing on the table. Congrats on your achievements! Very happy for you.

(06-03-2018, 10:15 PM)11262729NSG Wrote: Is this award strictly for basic science projects since it mentions "neurosurgical laboratories"?

Not at all. In fact, majority get it for clinical studies
(06-04-2018, 11:30 AM)Guest Wrote:
(06-03-2018, 11:51 AM)Guest Wrote: UCSF killing it as usual. They have had 2 recipients for the past 3 years. One of the UCSF kids this year has a very thoughtful prospective study too

I am so sure that I danced with her at 21st amendment or Spotted Cat during AANS. She was the fun loving girl dancing on the table. Congrats on your achievements! Very happy for you

I am positive I know who you are talking about.
(06-09-2018, 08:54 PM)Guest Wrote:
(06-04-2018, 11:30 AM)Guest Wrote:

I am so sure that I danced with her at 21st amendment or Spotted Cat during AANS. She was the fun loving girl dancing on the table. Congrats on your achievements! Very happy for you

I am positive I know who you are talking about.

Hypothetically speaking, if a sex video existed, is that an application booster or tanker?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)