Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Kid
Hello, yes I'm new.

I'm a kid still and Neurosurgery looked really interesting. If I were to go into practice what is the first thing to learn about?
(04-21-2018, 01:12 PM)Evan Wrote: Hello, yes I'm new.

I'm a kid still and Neurosurgery looked really interesting. If I were to go into practice what is the first thing to learn about?

There really isn't a first to learn other than to figure out whether or not becoming a doctor is something you really want to do. Furthermore, if you decide you want to be a physician there are quite a few different specialties to choose from. There is a chance you may end up selecting neurosurgery, but many will change their minds throughout the process.

In general, focus on doing really well academically in high school. Study hard for the ACT and/or SAT and get into a decent collegiate program. Continue to work hard in college and study hard for the MCAT. Get into medical school, and continue to work hard. Get involved in research, study hard, etc. Then you select your specialty. 

Timeline of becoming a neurosurgeon:
College: 4 years
Medical school: 4 years
Neurosurgery residency: 7 years.
Total: 15 years of school after you finish high school.
(04-21-2018, 11:26 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 01:12 PM)Evan Wrote: Hello, yes I'm new.

There really isn't a first to learn other than to figure out whether or not becoming a doctor is something you really want to do. Furthermore, if you decide you want to be a physician there are quite a few different specialties to choose from. There is a chance you may end up selecting neurosurgery, but many will change their minds throughout the process.

In general, focus on doing really well academically in high school. Study hard for the ACT and/or SAT and get into a decent collegiate program. Continue to work hard in college and study hard for the MCAT. Get into medical school, and continue to work hard. Get involved in research, study hard, etc. Then you select your specialty. 

Timeline of becoming a neurosurgeon:
College: 4 years
Medical school: 4 years
Neurosurgery residency: 7 years.
Total: 15 years of school after you finish high school.

yes, thank you. But I plan on staying in college a little longer than 4 years, maybe 8.
Don't feed the troll.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)