Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Meetings during sub-i's
Hello all! I'm looking for recommendations on who to set up meetings with during sub-i's, and when during the month to set these up for? I'm assuming chairman and residency program director. I initially thought a meeting would be best at the beginning of the month (to introduce yourself, etc.) but then also realized that asking for letters may come later in the month (once they know you) rather than earlier... so I'd appreciate any advice about this. Thanks in advance!
Often they are pre arranged but if not definitely identify who is the primary letter writer (typically the chairman or pd) and set up an appointment
(05-08-2018, 12:14 AM)Myelomeningocele Wrote: Hello all! I'm looking for recommendations on who to set up meetings with during sub-i's, and when during the month to set these up for? I'm assuming chairman and residency program director. I initially thought a meeting would be best at the beginning of the month (to introduce yourself, etc.) but then also realized that asking for letters may come later in the month (once they know you) rather than earlier... so I'd appreciate any advice about this. Thanks in advance!

PLEASE for the love of all things holy just check in with the program coordinator (or whomever you've communicated with about your sub-I) before shooting off emails to faculty, PD, and chairs. As another poster mentioned PD meetings are often set up in advance, and going rogue could hurt more than help when it comes to showing up on the radar as "that sub-I". A quick email to the coordinator, or even just a casual question to one of the residents, can give you more insight into how things work at wherever you happen to be those four weeks.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)