Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research Year
Hello,

Does anyone have advice on finding a research year position between M3/M4? Don't have a home department and have been trying for months to set something up to no avail. I finish third year in about 1.5 months so need to find something soon. I would prefer financial support but would ultimately work for free, if necessary. 

Anyone know of any departments that may have a position or how to find these spots? Thank you.
pretty late into the cycle!! reach out to khalessi and Jeremy rich at UCSD
Funded positions will not be available this late. If you don’t need funding, your best bet will be sending out non stop emails over the next month. Are you geographically limited? Just about any lab, at any department will take free labor happily. You’re just going to have to play the numbers at this point.
There will be opportunities to apply for small grants here and there but all the big grants have already been awarded. My recommendation would beto find a program in your hometown, so you can live at home to save money, and work in a lab. Good luck!
Are there any residents here who I could work with?
Reach out to programs directly and find someone with interests similar to yours. Put a little effort into this as you're going to spend a year with them and will set the tone for the competitiveness of your application.
Also try to find something where you can at least get a pub out. If you do a research year and have nothing to show, it will look bad
^true story and if you goto a place like UCSF or MGH, make sure to be able to publish several papers
(05-22-2018, 03:44 AM)Guest Wrote: ^true story and if you goto a place like UCSF or MGH, make sure to be able to publish several papers

Don't go to either of these places for your research year unless these are your home programs or if you want to match there specifically. Probably all the labs are filled by now to begin with. They're phenomenal research places if you're a resident. Try a place that's more oriented in clinical research where you know you'll get 4-5 papers like UVA, UCLA, Pitt, Emory.
how is OSU for research year?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)