Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank lists
Anyone else care to share their top 5?  Bottom 5?
Bottom 5: Pitt, Baylor, Brigham , USF, UF

Not because I thought they were bad programs, but because I didn't think I fit their program.
Anyone else shuffling a couple around trying to decide between a cool place to live and a cool place to train?
(02-01-2017, 01:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Bottom 5: Pitt, Baylor, Brigham , USF, UF

Not because I thought they were bad programs, but because I didn't think I fit their program.

Interesting, were they too research oriented or clinical?
Feeling OK with my list. Bottom 5 were: Pitt, tulane, Ohio, Loyola and rush (thought hard with this one. Fessler and all, but I didn't connect with the program) Had a mini crisis hearing berger wanted to head to UCSD post Carter but ended up keeping it in the same spot anyway lol. Time to drink.
Fit us everything. There is no perfect program only the one who has pros that you care about and cons that you care little about. Back in my day I ranked Hopkins and UCSF in my bottom quartile not because I thought they were terrible programs but because I didnt fit. Now, there were a fe programs ranked there because I did think they were terrible Wink
(02-23-2017, 06:36 AM)Focus Wrote: Fit us everything. There is no perfect program only the one who has pros that you care about and cons that you care little about. Back in my day I ranked Hopkins and UCSF in my bottom quartile not because I thought they were terrible programs but because I didnt fit. Now, there were a fe programs ranked there because I did think they were terrible Wink

As I start thinking longer and harder about where I want to be, and now that I've experienced (as an M3) fields I'm uninterested in with great residents and vice versa, the idea of finding the right fit has come to mean a lot more to me. I realize that no one outside of the small world of neurosurgery is gonna care where I trained. I've also found I'm much better at meeting high expectations when I'm not constantly being shit on. Unfortunately fit isn't the easiest thing to assess from a website or forum posts, so here's hoping I get a couple interviews next year at programs I click with, and I hope the same for the rest of you yet to match.
(02-23-2017, 10:17 AM)dispo Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 06:36 AM)Focus Wrote: Fit us everything. There is no perfect program only the one who has pros that you care about and cons that you care little about. Back in my day I ranked Hopkins and UCSF in my bottom quartile not because I thought they were terrible programs but because I didnt fit. Now, there were a fe programs ranked there because I did think they were terrible Wink

As I start thinking longer and harder about where I want to be, and now that I've experienced (as an M3) fields I'm uninterested in with great residents and vice versa, the idea of finding the right fit has come to mean a lot more to me. I realize that no one outside of the small world of neurosurgery is gonna care where I trained. I've also found I'm much better at meeting high expectations when I'm not constantly being shit on. Unfortunately fit isn't the easiest thing to assess from a website or forum posts, so here's hoping I get a couple interviews next year at programs I click with, and I hope the same for the rest of you yet to match.

For God's sake, shut the **** up and just read until you start the interview trail. The purpose of this thread is to discuss ranking for current applicants, not thoughts of MS3 who haven't even started sub-i
Top: Ohio State, UT Southwesern, U of Michigan, Case Western, Baylor
Bottom: George Washington, Arkansas, Galveston, Loyola, Scott&White
Bottom: Rutgers, Mount Sinai, Brown and Geisinger. I hope no one was deceived by the bullshit they said in the interview.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)