Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly program?
I'm looking for an LGBTQ friendly program.  I'm a gay man wanting in the process of becoming a trans woman.  Which programs would be supportive of this? Thank you
(05-19-2018, 12:06 PM)Guest Wrote: I'm looking for an LGBTQ friendly program.  I'm a gay man wanting in the process of becoming a trans woman.  Which programs would be supportive of this? Thank you

I would stick to the coast programs and avoid programs that are in smaller towns
(05-19-2018, 12:06 PM)Guest Wrote: I'm looking for an LGBTQ friendly program.  I'm a gay man wanting in the process of becoming a trans woman.  Which programs would be supportive of this? Thank you

Bigger programs tend to be more accepting.  You can essentially hide among the mass of residents   Pitt has that one who kid posts on here who is openly gay
None of Pitts residents are openly gay.
(05-20-2018, 12:09 PM)Guest Wrote: None of Pitts residents are openly gay.

Are you saying he's still in the closet then?
I'm saying I know of no one who is openly gay. What people feel in their hearts but keep to themselves is none of my business.

A LGBTQ-friendly program is nice, but the openness of the program won't change whether or not the insurance options you have will cover your specific health needs as you transition. It's tedious, but you should see if you can get information on the insurance options available to residents at programs you're considering.
good luck friend
Brown: handful of residents queer and/or POC. And the chairman's son is a trans man and HIGHLY supportive.
UNC: 2 gay residents who are married to each other!

Good luck!! I'm also looking for a queer-friendly program.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)